What are the public holidays in the United Kingdom?
In the United Kingdom, the calendar lists 8 public holidays (bank holidays).
If a public holiday falls on a weekend, it is substituted for the following Monday.
- Tuesday January 1 (New Year's Day)
- Friday April 19 (Good Friday)
- Monday April 22 (Easter Monday)
- Monday May 6 (May Day)
- Monday May 27 (Late May Bank Holiday)
- Monday August 26 (Summer Bank Holiday)
- Wednesday, December 25 (Christmas Day)
- Thursday, December 26 (Boxing Day)
- Wednesday January 1 (New Year's Day)
- Friday April 10 (Good Friday)
- Monday April 13 (Easter Monday)
- Friday May 8 (Early May bank holiday)
- Monday 25 May (Spring Bank Holiday)
- Monday August 31 (Summer Bank Holiday)
- Friday, December 25 (Christmas Day)
- Monday 28 December (Boxing Day)