What to do in LEGOLAND® Windsor?
LEGOLAND Windsor is one of the 8 official LEGO brand amusement parks : a theme park entirely dedicated to the little coloured brick - for young and old!
Close to London (40 km southwest of the city center), it is easily accessible by car, bus or train.
Here you'll discover over 60 hectares of incredible interactive rides, shows and attractions - built with nearly 55 million LEGO bricks.
Since opening in 1996, it has grown to become one of the UK's most popular amusement parks and welcomes over 2 million visitors each year. LEGOLAND Windsor park is the brand's second park, the first is located in Billund (Denmark).
Visit LEGOLAND Windsor
LEGOLAND Windsor attractions
LEGOLAND Windsor Park offers more than 55 attractions, shows and rides specially designed for children aged 3 to 12 - but accessible to the whole family!
The park covers more than 60 hectares divided into 12 themes :
Get a map of the park on your arrival and find the location of the attractions you want to do!
- The Beginning : entry into the LEGO universe with information desks, souvenir shops and family attractions.
- Imagination Center : Take part in educational LEGO construction workshops.
- DUPLO Valley : area reserved for the youngest.
- LEGO City : Take a walk through a small town made entirely from LEGO bricks.
- Adventure Land : this is the area where the largest roller coaster in the park is located!
- Heartlake City : the LEGO Friends zone.
- Kingdom of the Pharaohs : History lesson on ancient Egypt ... always in LEGO!
- Pirates Landing : pirate zone.
- Knights 'Kingdom : Royal Castle area.
- Miniland : on the same model as the miniature parks, discover the most famous monuments of the city of London (but not only) at the scale of 1:20e - made of LEGO bricks.
- LEGO NINJAGO World : Ninja Zone!
- Land of the Vikings : water attractions area.
New rides and attractions are added regularly.
Self-adhesive bracelets for children - with the names, surnames and telephone numbers of the parents - are provided at the customer information desks. The child's size is also listed there to facilitate access to attractions that require a minimum height.
How to get to LEGOLAND Windsor?
To get to LEGOLAND Windsor park, 3 options:
- By car : take the M3 motorway from the capital, then the M25 Northbound motorway and finally the M4 motorway.
2 car parks are available at the entrance to the park, £16 (£13 if you book online) for the nearest car park.
- Bus :
- Train :
- South West Trains : departing from Waterloo station towards Windsor station (terminus Windsor & Eton Riverside ) - approximately 1 hour journey.
- First Great Western (Great Western Railway) : from Paddington station to Slough station, for a connection with another train to Windsor (terminus Windsor & Eton Central ) - approximately 35min of journey.
Shuttles or line 702 of the Green Line bus company will take you to the park at the exit of the stations.
In order to benefit from the best rates, book your train tickets in advance on the TrainLine which offers tickets for all National Rail railway companies. Tickets departing from Paddington station automatically include connection at Slough station. Prefer off-peak tickets and remember to find out about family offers!
LEGOLAND Windsor rates
Take advantage of a great price by purchasing your tickets from our partner:
You can also buy your tickets online at LEGOLAND Windsor Park official website or at the park entrance on the day of your visit.
Between £26 and £55 per ticket depending on the season and the method of booking the tickets.
Check the weather forecast before booking your tickets - the majority of attractions are outdoors and are closed in the event of heavy rain. Also plan for waterproof and / or spare clothing for the water attractions!
LEGOLAND Windsor opening hours
LEGOLAND Windsor Park is open year round, generally from 9:30am to 7pm.
Opening times vary by day and season, it is recommended to check the hours on official park site.
Sleep at LEGOLAND Windsor
To make the most of your visit, it is possible to book 2-day 1-night tickets at one of the LEGOLAND Windsor Resort themed hotels - 2 of them are located inside the park: the LEGOLAND Resort Hotel and the LEGOLAND Castle Hotel.
The most economical option is to spend the night in an outdoor hotel located in the immediate vicinity of the park.
Around LEGOLAND Windsor
Take advantage of your stay at LEGOLAND to visit the city of Windsor:
- Alexandra Gardens : large park located on the banks of the Thames and offering a large number of activities ( Riverway, Barry Avenue, Windsor ).
- Windsor Castle: one of the UK's most famous landmarks.
The royal family resides there for a few weeks each year.
- St John the Baptist Church : small church located 2 minutes walk from Windsor Castle ( High St, Windsor ).
- Queen Victoria Statue : Statue of Queen Victoria located at the entrance to Windsor Castle ( Castle Hill, Windsor ).
- Royal Windsor Theater : theater located between Windsor Castle and the Thames. It organises performances of classical works, traditional pantomimes and more contemporary works ( 32 Thames St, Windsor ).