What are the rules for writing an English resume?
Your English CV (resume) should not be a simple "word for word" translation of your local resume.
- It is common for the English CV to be 2 pages (maximum).
- Do not put photo, nor any personal information (age, religion, sexual orientation, etc.).
- Provide a summary of your background (executive summary) and your skills to help the recruiter get to the point.
- The English CV is turned achievements rather than missions.
- Favor writing over lists.
- Be careful not to mix British English and American English.
- Don't forget to put a link to your LinkedIn profile.
- Adjust your CV to each advertisement according to the different keywords to be sure to pass the automatic filters of the application tracking software (ATS).
- Present your periods of inactivity as experiences.
- If you have the possibility, do not hesitate to have your resume reread by an English speaker.
Never lie about your experiences and / or skills!