Harris Westminster Sixth Form6 Tothill Street, London, SW1H 9LH
samedi 6 juillet de 15:00 à 18:30
Repeated by popular demand. With an increase in racism due to Brexit as well as the illegal Windrush deportations, some Black people are considering their options to relocate to the Caribbean, but how easy is it? This interactive, illustrated talk will hear from one individual in the process of relocating to Jamaica and one family of five with three teenagers, who moved to Barbados from England seven years ago. They will cover:
Preparation, finances and schools
Getting a job or setting up your own business?
Citizenship, passports and residency - what your options are
Cultural contrasts: British style vs Caribbean style from a Black perspective
How long does it take to prepare, how long to settle in?
10 things to do before you move. 10 things to do when you arrive
Basic costs of relocation. Burning bridges or building options?
House prices here and there - a realistic comparison
Plus Q and A.
Other coming events from www.blackhistorywalks.co.uk :
- Special screening of Jordan Peele's US plus Q&A at BFI Southbank June 16th
- Black history river cruise June 22nd
- Trafalgar Square, St Paul's, Soho, Notting Hill,
- African Head wrap Resistance or Fashion? Queen Nzingha lecture 41
- The Black history of video games
- Black presence in the National Gallery
- Will the real Michael Jackson please stand up
- Aretha Franklin/Marvin Gaye Black history movie breakdwon
- Black History bus tour 14th July
- How to move to the Caribbean and live Good