lundi 30 mars de 10:00 à 11:00
Cook and Speak has had to stop its at home classes due to COVID-19. Cooking can be a challenge during confinement and a lot of vulnerable people won't be able to get access to proper food.
Please join this class if you would like to cook a simple recipe that you will enjoy at home and also contribute to the MadeInHackney COVID-19 emergency crowd-funder to deliver healthy, nourishing food directly to the doorsteps of the most vulnerable community members.
Here is how it works:
- Make a booking for this event on EventBrite.
- Check the list of ingredients below and shop the ingredients that you need.
- Join me for an online session (via Zoom) where we will cook together . You can either watch the session as a cookery demo OR you can cook along (recommended option). You can join a Zoom meeting and communicate remotely on any of your devices. Just follow the link that will be included in EventBrite's confirmation email.
- The class is free but please donate what you can to: https://www.crowdfunder.co.uk/made-in-hackney-4 (minimum of £5 is suggested)
The dishes will change regularly. We will start the first set of sessions with a warming carrot soup and savoury granola to add as a topping for the soup or to sprinkle on salads and other savoury dishes as added crunch.
If you wish to cook along, here are the ingredients and utensils you will need for 4 servings:
Lentils and roasted vegetables salad (Inspired by Sarah Britton's MyNewRoots recipe)
You will need:
- Medium pan
- Knife and Chopping board
- Big salad bowl
- Chopping board
- Spoons and measuring glass or cups
- Oven and Oven tray (lined with parchment paper)
- 2 ¼ cups (500g) green or black lentils, soaked for 8 hours if possible
- 1 medium red onion (shallots or brown work as well), diced in small pieces
- 1/2 cup / 70g raisins (or other dried fruit), cut in small pieces
- 1/3 cup / 40g capers (optional) , cut in small pieces if big
- 500 g vegetables: carrots, butternut, parsnips, beetroots, celeriac, tomatoes, courgettes ...cut in small dices (no need to peel)
- 4 handful of greens: salad, kale, spinash...
- 1 tbsp fresh herbs of your choice (mint, oregano, coriander...)
- 1 orange
- 1/4 cup/ 60ml apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup / 40ml cold pressed, extra virgin olive oil
- juice of 1/2 orange (app. 40ml)
- 1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp. ground turmeric
- 1/2 tsp. ground coriander
- ½ tsp ground cardamom (optional but nice)
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1/4 tsp. freshly grated nutmeg (optional)
- ¼ tsp. ground cinnamon
Looking forward to cooking and chatting together!