samedi 28 mars de 14:00 à 15:00
Cook and Speak has had to stop its at home classes due to COVID-19. Cooking can be a challenge during confinement and a lot of vulnerable people won't be able to get access to proper food.
Please join this class if you would like to cook a simple recipe that you will enjoy at home and also contribute to the MadeInHackney COVID-19 emergency crowd-funder to deliver healthy, nourishing food directly to the doorsteps of the most vulnerable community members.
Here is how it works:
- Make a booking for this event on EventBrite.
- Check the list of ingredients below and shop the ingredients that you need.
- Join me for an online session (via Zoom) where we will cook together . You can either watch the session as a cookery demo OR you can cook along (recommended option). You can join a Zoom meeting and communicate remotely on any of your devices. Just follow the link that will be included in EventBrite's confirmation email.
- The class is free but please donate what you can to: https://www.crowdfunder.co.uk/made-in-hackney-4 (minimum of £5 is suggested)
The dishes will change regularly. We will start the first set of sessions with a warming carrot soup and savoury granola to add as a topping for the soup or to sprinkle on salads and other savoury dishes as added crunch.
If you wish to cook along, here are the ingredients and utensils you will need for 4 servings:
Cacao Banana Bread (GreenKitchenStories Recipe)
You will need:
- Loaf tin lined with parchment paper or silicone
- Medium-size mixing bowl
- Scale or measuring cups and spoons
- Spatula (optional)
- 2 tbsp chia or linseeds (or 2 eggs for a non-vegan version)
- 70g coconut sugar (replace with any sugar you have available)
- 3 ripe bananas, peeled
- 120ml rapeseed or extra virgin olive oi
- 100g almond flour (or oat flour)
- 120g buckwheat flour (or wheat, spelt, rye preferably whole)
- 5 tablespoons cacao powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 50g good-quality dark chocolate, (70 per cent cocoa solids) or 50g walnuts
- 1 ripe banana, peeled
- oil for brushing
Looking forward to cooking and chatting together!