Du 8 février 2021 au 9 février 2021
This workshop is now SOLD OUT. You can add yourself to the waitlist by clicking the green ‘Tickets’ button to the right. Alternatively, we are running this workshop again in March 2021 - book your ticket here.
Product Management Foundations
February 8th, 9:00 - 12:30 GMT and February 9th, 9 - 12:30 GMT
Training Workshop Overview
The role of a product manager is a complicated one, that changes and shifts, depending on the product, team, organisation, and PM themselves. A myriad of skills, at all points of the product development lifecycle, all seem equally important and urgent. As new product managers enter the role, it’s difficult to understand what to focus on first, and how to begin the path towards mastering the skills and craft of product management. How can product managers be assured that they are focusing on the right skills?
Foundations is an overview course that attempts to clarify and define the aspects of the role that a new product manager should tackle first. Focused specifically on core team practice and methods that drive the delivery of value to customers, this course offers overviews and definitions of the theories and mindsets that drive the core elements of the product role. Once certain theories are explored, the course deep-dives into specific skills and processes that allow product managers to effectively run a team dedicated to continuous learning and delivery.
How does "remote" work?
This two half-day workshop is dedicated to product management learning. As with our in-person workshops, you can focus all of your time and energy into two concentrated half-days of product learning with full access to our tried-and-tested curriculums, expert trainers, and a community of product peers.
Each day will run 9:00am - 12:30pm GMT (5:00pm - 8:30pm SGT)and will include live online lectures interspersed with regular discussion, Q&As, and group activities to encourage hands-on learning. We’ll use Zoom and other digital collaboration tools.
To keep you energised and engaged, we’ll also run warm-ups and icebreakers, and take regular breaks.
- Join us online from 8:50am GMT (4:50pm SGT), to connect calmly and help mitigate accessibility issues
- Class will start at 9:00am GMT (5:00pm SGT) and end at 12:30pm GMT (8:30pm SGT) each day
To participate successfully you'll need a comfortable quiet space, with a good internet connection, where you can fully participate and focus.
Please note: This workshop is run as two half-day sessions and you must attend both parts
What we’ll cover in the workshop
Product Management Foundations is comprised of six modules. Each module includes a lecture component on theory and practice, interspersed with hands-on activities. This ensures that you are afforded an opportunity to apply and work with concepts in a setting that will answer questions and facilitate critical thinking.
You will be given access to the first module (Product Mindsets) in advance of your training and you’ll need to complete this ahead of your workshop. This module will cover:
- Defining product
- The problem landscape
- Breaking down learning mindsets at different points through the product development lifecycle
- Design Thinking
- What design thinking is and why it’s important
- The role of product in design thinking
- Common frameworks and how they link together
- Goals Alignment
- Creating effective goals and aligning the team and organization around them
- OKRs vs. KPIs vs. Metrics
- The difference between business goals and product outcomes
- Hypothesis & Validation
- Designing tests around your assumptions
- The evaluation process
- Lean experiments
- User Interview Guides
- Different types of interview
- Creating interview guides that do not bias or lead the subject
- Using interview guides to ideate, and to validate assumptions
- User Stories & Backlogs
- Epics and stories: the differences between them and how to use them
- Conveying priority to your team
- Translating user needs into product features
- Team Culture & Communication
- “Culture as product”
- What high-performing teams look like and how to create one
- The role of a product manager in a healthy team
At the end of the workshop, you will be confident in your understanding of the role of a product manager, including a firm grasp of the concept of design thinking and how it is important. You’ll have a clear understanding of where the customer sits in the product practice, how to define and prioritise your customer personas, and how not to bias your customer research. You’ll return to your role feeling confident in your ability to facilitate a goals conversation, and how to structure hypothesis for lean tests.
Information for Ticket Holders
How will I get access to my workshop and pre-work?
One week before the workshop:
- You will receive an email from us with further information about your workshop and pre-workshop activities
Two days before the workshop:
- You will receive access information for Zoom and Mural (our workshop tools)
Please note, the above emails will be sent to the email address you registered with. If you do not receive any of the above, please email email@example.com ASAP.
What happens if I book with less than a week to go before the workshop?
No problem. You will receive the relevant information from us within 24 hours. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you do not receive this.
Who do I reach out to if I’m having technical difficulties?
On the day of your workshop, we will gather 10 minutes before to allow time for everyone to log in and troubleshoot any technical issues. If you are unable to connect to the platforms, please email email@example.com and we will be on hand to assist you.
Got another question? We've probably covered it on our FAQs page.