Du 18 mai 2021 au 19 mai 2021
Product Management Foundations
May 18th, 1:00pm - 4:30pm EDT and May 19th, 1:00pm - 4:30pm EDT
Training Workshop Overview
The role of a product manager is a complicated one, that changes and shifts, depending on the product, team, organisation, and PM themselves. A myriad of skills, at all points of the product development lifecycle, all seem equally important and urgent. As new product managers enter the role, it’s difficult to understand what to focus on first, and how to begin the path towards mastering the skills and craft of product management. How can product managers be assured that they are focusing on the right skills?
Foundations is an overview course that attempts to clarify and define the aspects of the role that a new product manager should tackle first. Focused specifically on core team practice and methods that drive the delivery of value to customers, this course offers overviews and definitions of the theories and mindsets that drive the core elements of the product role. Once certain theories are explored, the course deep-dives into specific skills and processes that allow product managers to effectively run a team dedicated to continuous learning and delivery.
How does "remote" work?
This two half-day workshop is dedicated to product management learning. As with our in-person workshops, you can focus all of your time and energy into two concentrated half-days of product learning with full access to our tried-and-tested curriculums, expert trainers, and a community of product peers.
Each day will run 1:00pm - 4:30pm EDT (10:00am - 1:30pm PDT) and will include live online lectures interspersed with regular discussion, Q&As, and group activities to encourage hands-on learning. We’ll use Zoom and other digital collaboration tools.
To keep you energised and engaged, we’ll also run warm-ups and icebreakers, and take regular breaks.
- Join us online from 12:50pm EDT (9:50am PDT), to connect calmly and help mitigate accessibility issues
- Class will start at 1:00pm EDT (10:00am PDT) and end at 4:30pm EDT (1:30pm PDT) each day
To participate successfully you'll need a comfortable quiet space, with a good internet connection, where you can fully participate and focus.
Please note: This workshop is run as two half-day sessions and you must attend both parts
What we’ll cover
Product Management Foundations is a remote training workshop taking place over two half-days. Each module includes a lecture component on theory and practice, interspersed with hands-on activities where you’ll work through your own product challenges. This means that you will have the opportunity to apply and work with concepts in a setting that will answer questions and facilitate critical thinking.
Product Development Lifecycle
- The stages of the product lifecycle and how they fit into your role
- Learning Mindsets and how they apply at each stage of the product lifecycle
- Evolving your craft as a product manager
Design Thinking vs. Lean vs. Agile
- An overview of each framework and the differences between them
- How they come together for your product
- OKRs vs. KPIs vs. Metrics
- Breaking down business goals for your product
- Aligning the team and organisation around goals
- The difference between business goals and product outcomes
Hypothesis and Testing
- Crafting an effective hypothesis
- Ways to test your hypothesis
- Planning a valuable experiment
User Interview Guides
- Creating user interview scripts
- Different type of interview
- Components of a user interview and when to use them
- Conducting user interviews and avoiding bias
Process for Action - User Stories & Backlogs
- Driving conversations using User Stories
- Facilitating collaboration with your team to develop your backlog
- Describing the process from validated hypothesis to a ready to ship feature
- How to balance documentation and communication
Your Role in the Team
- How to lead without authority
- Cultivating psychological safety
- Nurturing creativity
At the end of the workshop, you will be confident in your understanding of the role of a product manager, including a firm grasp of the concept of design thinking and how it is important. You’ll have a clear understanding of where the customer sits in the product practice, how to define and prioritise your customer personas, and how not to bias your customer research. You’ll return to your role feeling confident in your ability to facilitate a goals conversation, and how to structure hypothesis for lean tests.
Information for Ticket Holders
How will I get access to my workshop and pre-work?
One week before the workshop:
- You will receive an email from us with further information about your workshop and pre-workshop activities
Two days before the workshop
- You will receive access information for Zoom and Mural (our workshop tools)
Please note, the above emails will be sent to the email address you registered with. If you do not receive any of the above, please email firstname.lastname@example.org ASAP.
What happens if I book with less than a week to go before the workshop?
No problem. You will receive the relevant information from us within 24 hours. Please email email@example.com if you do not receive this.
Who do I reach out to if I’m having technical difficulties?
On the day of your workshop, we will gather 10 minutes before to allow time for everyone to log in and troubleshoot any technical issues. If you are unable to connect to the platforms, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be on hand to assist you.
Got another question? We've probably covered it on our FAQs page.