Du 28 juillet 2020 au 5 août 2020
NEW Remote Workshop Format
In order to continue offering product management training in a safe environment for our attendees and trainers, we have devised a new interactive, remote workshop format.
28th July: 8am - 10am PDT (4pm - 6pm BST)
29th July: 8am - 10am PDT (4pm - 6pm BST)
4th August: 8am - 10am PDT (4pm - 6pm BST)
5th August: 8am - 10am PDT (4pm - 6pm BST)
This workshop is part of our #mtpcon Digital 2020 event, happening on 13-15 July (tickets sold separately).
Training Workshop Overview
A practical, hands-on way to understand how the human brain works and apply that knowledge to user experience and product design. Learn the psychological principles behind how our brain makes sense of the world and apply that to product design and create easy to use innovative products.
We’ll look at two frameworks; one to supercharge the UI and the second to design, plan, and launch innovative new features and ideas.
You'll be taught by UX and Product Management Consultant, Joe Leech(read on for more info on Joe).
How does "remote" work?
Joe (your trainer) is a trained, experienced teacher so expect to be sketching, designing and applying the psychology from the very start of the workshop. He has been working remotely for 5 years and is experienced in delivering this workshop remotely across 4 x 2-hour sessions:
- There will be sessions on the July 28, July 29, August 4, and August 5
- The start time will be 8am PDT (4pm BST) on all 4 days
- Each session will run for 2 hours
- We will be using Zoom as the primary tool for discussion and Miro/Slack as the main collaboration platforms
- To participate successfully you will need a computer with a webcam, microphone, headphones, and a good internet connection
Please note: This workshop is split across multiple days and you must attend all parts
"I didn't feel like being remote took away from my experience. If anything, I think I prefer it. Class size and my classmates were great and I liked the instructor and the way he ran the workshop."
What You’ll Learn
Through a series of fun, practical exercises you’ll learn:
- Psychology and interaction design - how to evaluate and design interactions such as onboarding, search, navigation and eCommerce using psychology
- Psychology and user experience - evaluating and improving digital products based on psychology. How humans perceive and understand the world around them and how to build your product around that framework
- Psychology and the dark arts - persuasive design, cognitive biases and other brain hacks. Do they really work and how to apply them in product design. What are the ethics of applying psychology to digital design?
After the workshop you’ll be able to:
- Design products, apps and websites that match how people think and behave
- Find, understand, evaluate and apply psychology theory to digital product design
- Make better, informed design decisions and advocate to the wider team using psychology theory
About your Trainer
Joe Leech helps companies and startups with Product Design Strategy (building the right stuff in the right order), applying Psychology in Design (training, workshops and consultancy) and User Experience (User research, IA, prototypes). He wrote the book Psychology for Designers and speaks regularly at product management, UX, and web conferences.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I change the name or other details on my tickets?
Yes, but only the person who purchased the ticket can make these changes on Eventbrite. You are free to change your ticket details up to two days before the event, including name, title, etc. Please make sure these details are correct as they will be what we show on your online profile! Just login to Eventbrite and make the changes, following these instructions. If you can’t reach the person who purchased the ticket in order to get them to change the information please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org and we will help you make the updates.
Can I get a refund?
If you need to cancel your ticket, you must log in to Eventbrite and request a refund at least two weeks before the date of the event, following these instructions. No refunds will be issued for tickets that are cancelled less than two weeks before the event. Only the person who purchased the tickets can request a refund.
Can I pay by invoice?
As we are a small team we only offer payment by invoice if you are buying 5 tickets or more due to the additional overhead. Early Bird conference tickets cannot be purchased by invoice. Please also note that no tickets are held/issued until payment of the invoice has been received. Request to pay by invoice by emailing email@example.com
- Tickets are not held until payment has been made – there are no exceptions to this.
- We cannot agree to any terms and conditions associated with Purchase Order numbers or other supplier agreements.
- We do not fill in supplier detail forms for ticket invoices – if you cannot find details you require on our website – please ask.