Du 8 mars 2021 au 9 mars 2021
This workshop is now SOLD OUT. You can add yourself to the waitlist by clicking the green ‘Tickets’ button to the right. Alternatively we are running this workshop again in April - book your ticket here.
Metrics for Product Managers
March 8th, 9:00am - 12:30pm GMT and March 9th, 9:00am - 12:30pm GMT
Training Workshop Overview
Have you ever asked, “How do I know if my product is successful”? As Marty Cagan, the author of Inspired, and the godfather of modern product management has said - “as product managers, it is our job to discover that which is valuable, feasible, viable, and usable”. We can only know if we’ve achieved those aims by measuring our progress in some way - so metrics and product analytics are critical to building successful products.
Metrics /ˈmɛtrɪks/ (noun)A standard of measurement by which efficiency, performance, progress, or quality of a plan, process, or product can be assessed.
In this workshop we will cover all the fundamentals a product manager, designer, or leader needs to know about metrics - so you can make better data-driven decisions.
How does "remote" work?
This two half-day workshop is dedicated to product management learning. As with our in-person workshops, you can focus all of your time and energy into two concentrated half-days of product learning with full access to our tried-and-tested curriculums, expert trainers, and a community of product peers.
Each day will run 9:00am - 12:30pm GMT and will include live online lectures interspersed with regular discussion, Q&As, and group activities to encourage hands-on learning. We’ll use Zoom and other digital collaboration tools.
To keep you energised and engaged, we’ll also run warm-ups and icebreakers, and take regular breaks.
- Join us online from 8:50am GMT (4:50pm SGT) to connect calmly and help mitigate accessibility issues
- Class will start at 9:00am GMT (5:00pm SGT) and end at 12:30pm GMT (8:30pm SGT) each day
To participate successfully you'll need a comfortable quiet space, with a good internet connection, where you can fully participate and focus.
Please note: This workshop is run as two half-day sessions and you must attend both parts
What we'll cover
Metrics for Product Managers is a remote training workshop taking place over two half-days. Each module includes a lecture component on theory and practice, interspersed with hands-on activities where you’ll work through your own product challenges. This means that you will have the opportunity to apply and work with concepts in a setting that will answer questions and facilitate critical thinking.
What do we measure and why?
- The importance of metrics
- Your role as a product manager in metrics
- How other organisations measure
- Building evidence-driven culture
- How to create quality metrics that fit your company strategy
- The difference between common metrics frameworks
- Using the North Star metric
Key Metrics Concepts
- The different types of metrics and when to use them
- How to understand customers and behaviour
- The jargon of metrics
Creating your Metrics Plan
- An overview of the metrics process
- Breaking down business goals into actionable metrics
- Building out your metrics plan using our Metrics Planning Canvas
- Considering what can go wrong with metrics
- Common biases
- Crafting Check Metrics to guard against unintended consequences
- Implementing metrics tracking
- The importance of communication in the metrics process
- When and how to report on your metrics
What we won't cover in this workshop:
- Advanced statistics
- Specific deep dives on tooling
- Data science as a practice
- Machine learning / AI
- Data analysis within experimentation or testing
After this workshop, you’ll be able to return to your team and ensure you’re measuring the right things without being distracted by all the noise. This workshop will help you to not only understand metrics as a concept but give you the tools to develop a clear plan for applying this to your everyday work.
Information for Ticket Holders
How will I get access to my workshop and pre-work?
One week before the workshop:
- You will receive an email from us with further information about your workshop and pre-workshop activities
Two days before the workshop:
- You will receive access information for Zoom and Mural (our workshop tools)
Please note, the above emails will be sent to the email address you registered with. If you do not receive any of the above, please email email@example.com ASAP.
What happens if I book with less than a week to go before the workshop?
No problem. You will receive the relevant information from us within 24 hours. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you do not receive this.
Who do I reach out to if I’m having technical difficulties?
On the day of your workshop, we will gather 10 minutes before to allow time for everyone to log in and troubleshoot any technical issues. If you are unable to connect to the platforms, please email email@example.com and we will be on hand to assist you.
Got another question? We've probably covered it on our FAQs page.