Du 2 novembre 2020 au 3 novembre 2020
Metrics for Product Managers
November 2nd, 1:00pm - 4:30pm EST and November 3rd, 1:00pm - 4:30pm EST
Training Workshop Overview
Have you ever asked, “How do I know if my product is successful”? As Marty Cagan, the author of Inspired, and the godfather of modern product management has said - “as product managers, it is our job to discover that which is valuable, feasible, viable, and usable”. We can only know if we’ve achieved those aims by measuring our progress in some way - so metrics and product analytics are critical to building successful products.
Metrics /ˈmɛtrɪks/ (noun)A standard of measurement by which efficiency, performance, progress, or quality of a plan, process, or product can be assessed.
In this workshop we will cover all the fundamentals a product manager, designer, or leader needs to know about metrics - so you can make better data-driven decisions.
How does "remote" work?
This two half-day workshop is dedicated to product management learning. As with our in-person workshops, you can focus all of your time and energy into two concentrated half-days of product learning with full access to our tried-and-tested curriculums, expert trainers, and a community of product peers.
Each day will run 9:00am - 12:30pm GMT and will include live online lectures interspersed with regular discussion, Q&As, and group activities to encourage hands-on learning. We’ll use Zoom and other digital collaboration tools.
To keep you energised and engaged, we’ll also run warm-ups and icebreakers, and take regular breaks.
- Join us online from 8:50am GMT, to connect calmly and help mitigate accessibility issues
- Class will start at 9:00am GMT and end at 12:30pm GMT each day
To participate successfully you'll need a comfortable quiet space, with a good internet connection, where you can fully participate and focus.
Please note: This workshop is run as two half-day sessions and you must attend both parts
What You'll Learn
- Understanding why metrics are important
- Understanding what you need to measure and why
- Unpacking the jargon of metrics and analytics
- How to create and define useful metrics
- Understanding the risks in metrics
- How to operationalise metrics and build an evidence-driven culture
After this workshop, you’ll be able to return to your team and ensure you’re measuring the right things without being distracted by all the noise. This workshop will help you to not only understand metrics as a concept but give you the tools to develop a clear plan for applying this to your everyday work.
Information for Ticketholders
How will I get access to my workshop and pre-work?
One week before the workshop:
- You will receive an email from us with further information about your workshop and pre-work activities.
- You will also receive an email from our online platform prompting you to create an account and password. This is required in order to access your pre-work and other course materials.
Two days before the workshop
- You will receive access information for Zoom and Mural (our workshop tools).
Please note, the above emails will be sent to the email address you registered with. If you do not receive any of the above, please email email@example.com ASAP.
What happens if I book with less than a week to go before the workshop?
No problem. You will receive the relevant information from us within 24 hours. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you do not receive this.
Who do I reach out to if I’m having technical difficulties?
On the day of your workshop, we will gather 10 minutes before to allow time for everyone to log in and troubleshoot any technical issues. If you are unable to connect to the platforms, please email email@example.com and we will be on hand to assist you.
Got another question? We've probably covered it on our FAQs page.