Du 3 septembre 2020 au 4 septembre 2020
NEW Remote Workshop Format
September 3rd, 1:00pm - 4:30pm EDT and September 4th, 1:00pm - 4:30pm EDT
In order to continue offering product management training in a safe environment for our attendees and trainers, we have devised a new interactive, remote workshop format taking place as two half-day sessions on September 3rd and 4th.
Training Workshop Overview
Have you ever asked, “How do I know if my product is successful”? As Marty Cagan, the author of Inspired, and the godfather of modern product management has said - “as product managers, it is our job to discover that which is valuable, feasible, viable, and usable”. We can only know if we’ve achieved those aims by measuring our progress in some way - so metrics and product analytics are critical to building successful products.
Metrics /ˈmɛtrɪks/ (noun)A standard of measurement by which efficiency, performance, progress, or quality of a plan, process, or product can be assessed.
In this workshop we will cover all the fundamentals a product manager, designer, or leader needs to know about metrics - so you can make better data-driven decisions.
The Value of a Remote Mind the Product Training
From running remote workshops, we've learned that:
- Our small class size (no more than 9 participants to a trainer) establishes an open exchange of experiences and ideas from both trainers and participants
- The pre-workshop tasks we set helps participants engage with the curriculum and get into the learning mindset in advance of the workshop
- The remote format allows trainers to facilitate time management seamlessly
- The empathetic learning environment our trainers are so skilled at creating translates well to a remote setting
How does "remote" work?
This two half-day workshop is dedicated to product management learning. As with our in-person workshops, you can focus all of your time and energy into two concentrated half-days of product learning with full access to our tried-and-tested curriculums, expert trainers, and a community of product peers.
Each day will run 1:00pm - 4:30pm EDT and will include live online lectures interspersed with regular discussion, Q&As, and group activities to encourage hands-on learning. We’ll use Zoom and other digital collaboration tools.
To keep you energised and engaged, we’ll also run warm-ups and icebreakers, and take regular breaks.
- Join us online from 12:50pm EDT, to connect calmly and help mitigate accessibility issues
- Class will start at 1:00pm EDT and end at 4:30pm EDT each day
To participate successfully you'll need a comfortable quiet space, with a good internet connection, where you can fully participate and focus.
Please note: This workshop is run as two half-day sessions and you must attend both parts
"I didn't feel like being remote took away from my experience. If anything, I think I prefer it. Class size and my classmates were great and I liked the instructor and the way he ran the workshop."
What You'll Learn
- Understanding why metrics are important
- Understanding what you need to measure and why
- Unpacking the jargon of metrics and analytics
- How to create and define useful metrics
- Understanding the risks in metrics
- How to operationalise metrics and build an evidence-driven culture
After this workshop, you’ll be able to return to your team and ensure you’re measuring the right things without being distracted by all the noise. This workshop will help you to not only understand metrics as a concept but give you the tools to develop a clear plan for applying this to your everyday work.
Mind the Product Trainers
Every Mind the Product trainer is a working product manager who has worked with multiple products and domains. Your trainer’s product management experience enriches the curriculum by delivering diverse perspectives on best practice in different scenarios. You will hear about the products they have worked on in the past, what went well, what didn’t go so well, and how they tried to make improvements. Our trainers’ main goal is not to provide participants with all of the answers, but help facilitate them in asking the right questions.
Information for Ticketholders
How will I get access to my workshop and pre-work?
One week before the workshop:
- You will receive an email from us with further information about your workshop and pre-work activities.
- You will also receive an email from our online platform prompting you to create an account and password. This is required in order to access your pre-work and other course materials.
Two days before the workshop
- You will receive access information for Zoom and Mural (our workshop tools).
Please note, the above emails will be sent to the email address you registered with. If you do not receive any of the above, please email firstname.lastname@example.org ASAP.
What happens if I book with less than a week to go before the workshop?
No problem. You will receive the relevant information from us within 24 hours. Please email email@example.com if you do not receive this.
Who do I reach out to if I’m having technical difficulties?
On the day of your workshop, we will gather 10 minutes before to allow time for everyone to log in and troubleshoot any technical issues. If you are unable to connect to the platforms, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be on hand to assist you.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I change the name or other details on my tickets?
Yes, but only the person who purchased the ticket can make these changes on Eventbrite. You are free to change your ticket details up to two days before the event, including name, title, etc. Please make sure these details are correct as they will be what we show on your online profile! Just login to Eventbrite and make the changes, following these instructions. If you can’t reach the person who purchased the ticket in order to get them to change the information please contact us on email@example.com and we will help you make the updates.
Can I get a refund?
If you need to cancel your ticket, you must log in to Eventbrite and request a refund at least two weeks before the date of the event, following these instructions. No refunds will be issued for tickets that are cancelled less than two weeks before the event. Only the person who purchased the tickets can request a refund.
Can I pay by invoice?
As we are a small team we only offer payment by invoice if you are buying 5 tickets or more due to the additional overhead. Early Bird conference tickets cannot be purchased by invoice. Please also note that no tickets are held/issued until payment of the invoice has been received. Request to pay by invoice by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tickets are not held until payment has been made – there are no exceptions to this.
- We cannot agree to any terms and conditions associated with Purchase Order numbers or other supplier agreements.
- We do not fill in supplier detail forms for ticket invoices – if you cannot find details you require on our website – please ask.