mardi 30 juin de 9:30 à 10:30
Cook and Speak has had to stop its at home classes due to COVID-19. Cooking can be a challenge during confinement and a lot of vulnerable people won't be able to get access to proper food.
Please join this class if you would like to cook a simple recipe that you will enjoy at home and also contribute to the Refettorio Felix COVID-19 emergency appeal to cook and deliver healthy, nourishing food directly to the doorsteps of the most vulnerable community members.
Here is how it works:
- Make a booking for this event on EventBrite.
- Check the list of ingredients below and shop the ingredients that you need.
- Join me for an online session (via Zoom) where we will cook together . You can either watch the session as a cookery demo OR you can cook along (recommended option). You can join a Zoom meeting and communicate remotely on any of your devices. Just follow the link that will be included in EventBrite's confirmation email.
- All proceeds to go to the following fundraiser: https://www.justgiving.com/campaign/refettoriofelixcovid19
Menu of the week: Zucchini picnic bread and tomatoes, strawberries and basil gazpacho (vegan or vegetarian) - recipes from green kitchen stories
You will need:
- Large bowl to mix the dry ingredients
- Medium bowl to mix the wet ingredients
- Grater (for the potatoes)
- Large baking dish or silicone cake mould
- Scale or measuring cups
- Knife, wooden spoon,spatula (optional)...
- Chopping board
- Blender or mixer (for the gazpacho)
Ingredients for picnic bake:
- 100 g / 1 cup oat flour OR any other flour
- 100 g / 3/4 cup rice or pea flour (Gluten free) OR any other flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp sea salt flakes
- 3 free-range eggs (vegetarian) OR 3 tablespoons ground linseeds or chia seeds (vegan)
- 125 ml / 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil OR coconut oil, at room temperature
- 125 ml / 1/2 cup yogurt (vegetarian) OR plant-based yogurt (vegan)
- 1-2 spring onions (or any other type of onions)
- 1-2 potatoes AND/OR sweet potatoes AND/OR carrots (2 cups / 250 g in total), grated
- 1 handful fresh parsley OR aromatic herbs of choice, finely chopped
- 100 g feta cheese (vegetarian) OR 2 tabespoons nutritional yeast (vegan)
- 1 big or 2 small zucchini OR a handful asparagus
- 1/3 cup pumpkin seeds OR other seeds
- 2 tsp quality olive oil
- a handful chive (optional)
Ingredients for strawberries and tomatoes quick gazpacho:
- 2 large (about 700 grams) tomatoes
- 12 strawberries (about 500 grams), at room temperature, rinsed and hulled
- 2 tablespoons good-quality extra-virgin olive oil
- 12 large basil leaves, half of them coarsely chopped, plus a few for garnish
- 1 tablespoon good-quality balsamic vinegar
- 200 milliliters water OR 4 ice cubes
- Salt and pepper to taste
Looking forward to cooking and chatting together!