mardi 14 juillet de 17:00 à 18:15
Cook and Speak has had to stop its at home classes due to COVID-19. Cooking can be a challenge during confinement and a lot of vulnerable people won't be able to get access to proper food.
Please join this class if you would like to cook a simple recipe that you will enjoy at home and also contribute to the Refettorio Felix COVID-19 emergency appeal to cook and deliver healthy, nourishing food directly to the doorsteps of the most vulnerable community members.
Here is how it works:
- Make a booking for this event on EventBrite.
- Check the list of ingredients below and shop the ingredients that you need.
- Join me for an online session (via Zoom) where we will cook together . You can either watch the session as a cookery demo OR you can cook along (recommended option). You can join a Zoom meeting and communicate remotely on any of your devices. Just follow the link that will be included in EventBrite's confirmation email.
- The money raised for the class will be donated to: https://www.justgiving.com/campaign/refettoriofelixcovid19
Menu: Spring rolls and Quick fruit crumble
You will need:
- Shallow dish (to soak the rice paper sheets)
- Chopping board and knife/mandoline/peeler (to cut the vegetables)
- Big plate
- Oven, oven-tray line with baking paper or silicone, oven dish
- Big bowl (to make the dough)
Ingredients for the spring rolls (serves 4):
- 12 rice paper sheets (or more) - can be replaced with very big lettuce leaves
- green leaves: spinach OR rucola OR salad
- baked or steamed sweet potato cut in stripes OR 50 grams vermicelli noodles
- 150-200 grams smoked or marinated tofu OR cooked and peeled shrimps OR chicken left-overs
- cucumber OR sweet bell pepper OR red cabbage OR carrots OR mango OR strawberries OR avocado, cut in thin strips or slices.
- sprouts: any kind (optional)
- handful of chopped almonds OR cashews OR peanuts
- a few leaves of mint OR coriander OR basil OR Thai basil OR spring onions
- edible flours: nasturtium, pansy... (optional)
Peanut butter sauce:
- 1/4 cup organic peanut butter (or other nut butter or tahini)
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoon tamari (or high-quality soya sauce)1 tablespoon agave nectar OR another liquid sweetener
- juice of 1 lime OR lemon (approx. 3 tablespoons)
- pinch of crushed chilies (optional)
Ingredients for the fruit compote and quick crumble (serves 2/4):
- 1 teaspoon olive or coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons honey OR sugar (optional)
- 2 apples OR pears OR apricots OR strawberries (what you have available especially if they are very ripe), sliced (no need to peel)
- a few leaves of fresh herbs (basil, rosemary, mint) if using summer fruit OR spices (cinnamon, cardamom,..) if using apple or pears
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 75g flour (any type - if gluten intolerant use buckwheat)
- 50g ground almonds OR hazelnut OR pistachios OR seeds
- 40g sugar (any type OR honey)
- 40g butter (vegetarian) OR coconut oil OR olive oil (vegan)
- handful of walnuts (OR other nuts OR seeds), finely cut
Looking forward to cooking and chatting together!