jeudi 28 mai de 17:00 à 18:00
Cook and Speak has had to stop its at home classes due to COVID-19. Cooking can be a challenge during confinement and a lot of vulnerable people won't be able to get access to proper food.
Please join this class if you would like to cook a simple recipe that you will enjoy at home and also contribute to the Refettorio Felix COVID-19 emergency appeal to cook and deliver healthy, nourishing food directly to the doorsteps of the most vulnerable community members.
Here is how it works:
- Make a booking for this event on EventBrite.
- Check the list of ingredients below and shop the ingredients that you need.
- Join me for an online session (via Zoom) where we will cook together . You can either watch the session as a cookery demo OR you can cook along (recommended option). You can join a Zoom meeting and communicate remotely on any of your devices. Just follow the link that will be included in EventBrite's confirmation email.
- All proceeds to go to the following fundraiser: https://www.justgiving.com/campaign/refettoriofelixcovid19
Menu of the week: Quinosotto with creamy miso mushrooms (vegan or vegetarian)
If you wish to cook along, here are the ingredients and utensils you will need for 4 servings:
You will need:
- Large cooking pot (for the quinoa)
- Small (for the stock and the miso cream)
- Large frying pan (for the mushrooms)
- Knife, wooden spoon,...
- Chopping board
- 1 liter stock
- 5 shallots (or 1 oignon), pealed and sliced
- 300g quinoa, rinsed
- 2 celery stacks, cut in thin slices (optional)
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed (optional)
- 400ml almond cream (can be replaced with single cream or soya or oat cream)
- 50g miso paste (brown or red) + 1 tablespoon for the mushrooms
- 400g mushrooms (any type), cleaned and sliced
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 handful hazelnuts, dry roasted
- 2 handfuls of greens (rucola, spinash...