vendredi 29 mai de 22:00 à 23:00
Cook and Speak has had to stop its at home classes due to COVID-19. Cooking can be a challenge during confinement and a lot of vulnerable people won't be able to get access to proper food.
Please join this class if you would like to cook a simple recipe that you will enjoy at home and also contribute to the Refettorio Felix COVID-19 emergency appeal to cook and deliver healthy, nourishing food directly to the doorsteps of the most vulnerable community members.
Here is how it works:
- Make a booking for this event on EventBrite.
- Check the list of ingredients below and shop the ingredients that you need.
- Join me for an online session (via Zoom) where we will cook together . You can either watch the session as a cookery demo OR you can cook along (recommended option). You can join a Zoom meeting and communicate remotely on any of your devices. Just follow the link that will be included in EventBrite's confirmation email.
- The money raised for the class will be donated to: https://www.justgiving.com/campaign/refettoriofelixcovid19
The dishes will change regularly. We will start the first set of sessions with a warming carrot soup and savoury granola to add as a topping for the soup or to sprinkle on salads and other savoury dishes as added crunch.
If you wish to cook along, here are the ingredients and utensils you will need for 4 servings:
Sundried tomatoes and peppers tart (vegan)
You will need:
- Oven, oven-tray line with baking paper or silicone
- Big bowl (to make the dough)
- Knife and Chopping board (to cut the peppers)
- 220g all-purpose flour (or wholewheat and spelt or a mix)
- 11g baking powder
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 10 white peppercorns (or other type)
- 1 sprig of thyme
- 180g sundried tomatoes in oil
- 4 tablespoons of the tomatoes jar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 to 6 peppers ((or a mix of peppers, onions, zucchini, eggplant)
- 6 garlic cloves
- 1 handful dry or fresh thyme leaves (or other herb of choice)
- salt, pepper
- 10 pitted black olives (optional)