jeudi 25 juin de 15:00 à 16:15
Cook and Speak has had to stop its at home classes due to COVID-19. Cooking can be a challenge during confinement and a lot of vulnerable people won't be able to get access to proper food.
Please join this class if you would like to cook a simple recipe that you will enjoy at home and also contribute to the Refettorio Felix COVID-19 emergency appeal to cook and deliver healthy, nourishing food directly to the doorsteps of the most vulnerable community members.
Here is how it works:
- Make a booking for this event on EventBrite.
- Check the list of ingredients below and shop the ingredients that you need.
- Join me for an online session (via Zoom) where we will cook together . You can either watch the session as a cookery demo OR you can cook along (recommended option). You can join a Zoom meeting and communicate remotely on any of your devices. Just follow the link that will be included in EventBrite's confirmation email.
- This is a special COVID-19 offer where all funds will be donated to Refettorio Felix: https://www.justgiving.com/campaign/refettoriofelixcovid19
The dishes will change regularly. We will start the first set of sessions with a warming carrot soup and savoury granola to add as a topping for the soup or to sprinkle on salads and other savoury dishes as added crunch.
If you wish to cook along, here are the ingredients and utensils you will need for 4 servings:
Summer fruit galette:
You will need:
- Oven and oven-tray lined with silicone or parchment paper
- Rolling pin
- Scale or measuring cups
- Medium bowl for the fruit
- mixer (if using whole nuts)
- 60 grams walnuts (or ground almonds)
- 70 grams flour (any type preferably whole grain)
- 70 grams oat flour (or other type of flour)
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseed
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar (or other sugar)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 30 grams coconut oil (or butter)
- 100 grams coconut yogurt (or yogurt)
Filling and assembly:
- 700g apricots (or other summer fruit like peaches, nectarines...)
- 3 tablespoons of maple or date syrup (honey for vegetarian) or unrefined sugar
- 1 tablespoon arrow-root (corn or potatoe starch)
- juice and zest of 2 limes
- 2 or 3 rosmary sprigs
- 3 tablespoons ground almonds
- almond flakes/edible flowers to decorate
Looking forward to cooking and chatting together!