jeudi 9 juillet de 17:00 à 18:15
Cook and Speak has had to stop its at-home classes due to COVID-19. Cooking can be a challenge during confinement and a lot of vulnerable people won't be able to get access to proper food.
Please join this class if you would like to cook a simple recipe that you will enjoy at home and also contribute to the Refettorio Felix COVID-19 emergency appeal to cook and deliver healthy, nourishing food directly to the doorsteps of the most vulnerable community members.
Here is how it works:
- Make a booking for this event on EventBrite.
- Check the list of ingredients below and shop the ingredients that you need.
- Join me for an online session (via Zoom) where we will cook together . You can either watch the session as a cookery demo OR you can cook along (recommended option). You can join a Zoom meeting and communicate remotely on any of your devices. Just follow the link that will be included in EventBrite's confirmation email.
- This is a special COVID-19 offer where all funds will be donated to Refettorio Felix: https://www.justgiving.com/campaign/refettoriofelixcovid19
If you wish to cook along, here are the ingredients and utensils you will need for 4/6 servings:
Menu: Summer fruit galette (vegan or vegetarian):
You will need:
- Oven and oven-tray lined with silicone or parchment paper
- Rolling pin
- Scale or measuring cups
- Medium bowl for the fruit
- mixer (if using whole nuts)
- 60 grams walnuts OR ground almonds
- 70 grams flour (any type preferably whole grain)
- 70 grams oat flour OR another type of flour
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseed
- 1/2 tablespoon coconut sugar (any other unrefined sugar will work)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 30 grams coconut oil (vegan) OR butter (vegetarian)
- 100 grams coconut yogurt (vegan) OR plain yogurt (vegetarian)
Filling and assembly:
- 10 apricots or app. 700 grams (OR other summer fruit like peaches, nectarines...)
- 3 tablespoons of maple OR date syrup (honey for vegetarian) OR unrefined sugar
- juice and zest of 2 limes
- 2 rosemary sprigs
- 3 tablespoons ground almonds
- almond flakes/edible flowers to decorate
Looking forward to cooking and chatting together!