samedi 30 mai de 13:30 à 14:30
Cook and Speak has had to stop its at home classes due to COVID-19. Cooking can be a challenge during confinement and a lot of vulnerable people won't be able to get access to proper food.
Please join this class if you would like to cook a simple recipe that you will enjoy at home and also contribute to the Refettorio Felix COVID-19 emergency appeal to cook and deliver healthy, nourishing food directly to the doorsteps of the most vulnerable community members.
Here is how it works:
- Make a booking for this event on EventBrite.
- Check the list of ingredients below and shop the ingredients that you need.
- Join me for an online session (via Zoom) where we will cook together . You can either watch the session as a cookery demo OR you can cook along (recommended option). You can join a Zoom meeting and communicate remotely on any of your devices. Just follow the link that will be included in EventBrite's confirmation email.
- This is a special COVID-19 offer where all funds will be donated to Refettorio Felix: https://www.justgiving.com/campaign/refettoriofelixcovid19
The dishes will change regularly. We will start the first set of sessions with a warming carrot soup and savoury granola to add as a topping for the soup or to sprinkle on salads and other savoury dishes as added crunch.
If you wish to cook along, here are the ingredients and utensils you will need for 4 servings:
Spicy carrot cake (recipe from Refettorio's chef Ceo)
You will need:
- Cake tin lined with baking paper or silicone
- Big bowl for dry ingredients
- Medium bowl for wet ingredients
- Small bowl for vegan eggs
- Grater for the carrots
- Whisk and spatula
- 80g coconut sugar (or 100g unrefined sugar)
- 150g olive oil
- 200g buckwheat flour (or spelt or all-purpose)
- 4.5 tsp of baking powder
- 3 tbsp of ground flaxseeds mixed in 9 tbsp of water (vegan) or 3 eggs beaten (vegetarian)
- 215g grated carrot
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tsp of cinnamon
- 1 tsp of nutmeg
- Zest of an orange
- Handful of sultanas (or raisins/dried cranberries/ sour cherries)
- Small handful of roughly crushed nuts (not essential but walnuts, pecans, pistachio nuts would be lovely here)
- 360g soft cream cheese or strained coconut yogurt
- 2 tablespoons of maple or date syrup (honey for vegetarian) to taste
- Crushed nuts to garnish/orange zest/fruit powder (anything you have available)
Looking forward to cooking and chatting together!