Du 6 juillet 2020 au 8 juillet 2020
NEW Remote Workshop Format
July 6th, 13:00 - 16:00 CEST and July 8th, 13:00 - 16:00 CEST
In order to continue offering product management training in a safe environment for our attendees and trainers, we have devised a new interactive, remote workshop format taking place as two half-day sessions on July 6th and 8th (with collaborative assignments to be completed between the two sessions).
Training Workshop Overview
We have taken the learnings we’ve developed from years of in-person teaching, training, and client work and have broken them out into this 2-day remote course on Lean Product Development. We designed the course to introduce you to the concepts of product discovery, Lean UX, and how they work within an Agile process and to get you to practice these techniques with your remote team.
This class helps cross-functional agile teams work together more effectively. The class is based on the idea that product development is largely the process of discovering the right thing to build. Too often though, teams focus on delivery and treat discovery as someone else’s problem.
Lean UX is the process of discovering the right thing to build and equally important, discovering that together as a team. The class introduces key concepts and helps teams take the first steps towards change. Teams learn how to frame a business problem, understand user needs, and design and test a solution that delivers business value. Through the process, participants learn proven approaches to integrating UX into an agile process, and discuss ways to surmount common obstacles that arise in cross-disciplinary agile environments. It gives teammates of all experience levels and disciplines an opportunity to come together around real practical solutions.
This class is intended for everyone who works on a product team—engineers, product managers, QA people, scrum masters, and more. It distils the latest insights on the topic into a fun, high-energy learning experience that creates results.
You'll be taught by product experts, Jeff Gothelf and Josh Seiden (read on for more info on your trainers).
How does "remote" work?
- There will be one session on the 6th of July and one session on the 8th of July (please note: unlike our other workshop, these are not consecutive half days)
- Each session will run for 3 hours
- The start time will be at 13:00 CEST on both days
- There will be videos to watch in advance of each session - we anticipate that, at most, this will be an hour of prep in advance of each of your two classes
- We will be using Zoom as our primary tool with exercises taking place within Zoom and also in other tools like Mural and Slack
- Attendees will be divided into working groups for the sessions
- Each working group will have an assignment to complete between sessions
- Jeff and Josh (your trainers) will deliver the content together, live via Zoom during each of the weekly sessions
- Jeff and Josh (your trainers) will be available to each working group via a Slack channel dedicated to the course during the week of the course and beyond for an additional 3 months
- To participate successfully you will need a computer with a webcam, microphone, headphones, and a good internet connection
- You'll need to set-up for the workshop in a comfortable quiet space, where you can fully participate and focus
Please note: This workshop is run as two half-day sessions and you must attend both parts
What You'll Learn
- What is product discovery and how does it help my team design and build better products?
- What is Lean UX and how can you use it to improve your team’s agility?
- How to frame work as a business problem
- How to use the Lean UX canvas to declare assumptions about your team’s work
- How to set good outcomes (OKRs) for your work
- How to build believable proto-personas and what to do with them
- How to write good, testable hypotheses
- How to design your first MVP
- How to build an experimentation and learning plan
- How to synthesize the findings of your experiment and determine next steps
- How to blend Lean Startup, Agile and Design Thinking
- How to run a successful dual-track scrum process
- Tools and techniques to make agile, design thinking and Lean UX work with remote and distributed teams
Every student, in addition to participating in the course live online with Josh and Jeff, will also get:
- All the videos and slides presented throughout the course until the end of the year
- Access to all the templates, examples and guides used during the course
- A dedicated Slack channel for your class cohort to discuss course assignments during class and maintain beyond class. Josh and Jeff will join this channel.
- Email access to Jeff and Josh throughout the course
- Digital copies of Jeff’s book, Lean vs Agile vs Design Thinking and Josh’s book, Outcomes over Output
- All the benefits of learning from the comfort and safety of your own home
About your Trainers
The instructors for this course are Jeff Gothelf and Josh Seiden. Josh and Jeff are the co-authors of the award-winning book Lean UX and the Harvard Business Review Press book, Sense & Respond. Both Josh and Jeff are veteran designers, product managers and team leaders with a combined 45 years of experience between them building successful products, agile teams and organizations.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I change the name or other details on my tickets?
Yes, but only the person who purchased the ticket can make these changes on Eventbrite. You are free to change your ticket details up to two days before the event, including name, title, etc. Please make sure these details are correct as they will be what we show on your online profile! Just login to Eventbrite and make the changes, following these instructions. If you can’t reach the person who purchased the ticket in order to get them to change the information please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org and we will help you make the updates.
Can I get a refund?
If you need to cancel your ticket, you must log in to Eventbrite and request a refund at least two weeks before the date of the event, following these instructions. No refunds will be issued for tickets that are cancelled less than two weeks before the event. Only the person who purchased the tickets can request a refund.
Can I pay by invoice?
As we are a small team we only offer payment by invoice if you are buying 5 tickets or more due to the additional overhead. Early Bird conference tickets cannot be purchased by invoice. Please also note that no tickets are held/issued until payment of the invoice has been received. Request to pay by invoice by emailing email@example.com
- Tickets are not held until payment has been made – there are no exceptions to this.
- We cannot agree to any terms and conditions associated with Purchase Order numbers or other supplier agreements.
- We do not fill in supplier detail forms for ticket invoices – if you cannot find details you require on our website – please ask.