Sunday 13 June de 17:00 à 19:15
With an increase in racism due to Brexit as well as the illegal Windrush deportations, some Black people are considering their options to relocate to the Caribbean, but how easy is it? This interactive, illustrated talk will hear from those who have already relocated to Jamaica and Barbados. We will cover:
- Preparation and finances
- Getting a job or setting up your own business?
- Citizenship, passports and residency - what your options are
- Cultural contrasts: British style vs Caribbean style from a Black perspective
- How long does it take to prepare, how long to settle in?
- ' I did not really want to move but now I'm here...'
- 10 things to do before you move. 10 things to do when you arrive
- The relocation process
- My life here compared to UK
- Burning bridges or building options?
- House prices here and there - a realistic comparison
This is an ONLINE event at 6pm UK/GMT time. The Zoom link will be sent 30 minutes before the start please check your JUNK MAIL .
Look out for our new book Black History Walks in London Volume 1 from Jacaranda Books
Other coming events from Black History Walks www.blackhistorywalks.co.uk
- Black History River Cruise
- Anti Racism as Politics with Professor Paul Gilroy
- The Amazing true story of Sarah Parker Remond
- Fibroids and reproductive health: new research from the Caribbean
- Jim Kelly, Kung Fu and Black British Civil Rights
- 1968 Race Relations Act and the legacy of Black Lawyers
- The dangers of sugar sweetened beverages in the African Diaspora
- Coded Bias: Racism disguised in computer programming
- The Gentrification of Peckham and Black Urban removal worldwide
- The British Black Panther Movement
- St Paul's/Bank Black history walk
- Clapham Common Black history walk
Watch out for our Black History bus tours and river cruises www.blackhistorywalks.co.uk