Du 9 November 2021 au 10 November 2021
Communication and Alignment for Product Managers takes place in two (half-day) remote workshops. These workshops are designed to empower product people to align their organisation around the product process and practice. Join the workshop to learn important tactical skills and how these can be used to add a layer of strategic thinking that will help you to better collaborate with your stakeholders.
Reasons to attend? We'll give you 10! By attending this workshop you will learn:
- How to build a strategic layer onto your core product practices
- How to evaluate a potential product idea
- How to extract maximum value from your research activities
- How to use process as an alignment tool within your company
- How to build effective relationships with stakeholders
- Where you should include your stakeholders as collaborators
- How to effectively facilitate discussions
- How to create a communication strategy within your organisation
- Communication strategies to foster trust and collaboration within your organisation
- Tools and techniques you can use right away
Your workshop will take place over two half-days on Tuesday November 9th and Wednesday November 10th. The workshop will start at 9:00am GMT and end at 12:30pm GMT each day. Join us online from 8:50am GMT, to connect calmly and help mitigate accessibility issues
With less than 10 people per virtual workshop, you will benefit from active and involved group discussions, the careful guidance and expertise of your trainer, the opportunity to closely collaborate with your peers from around the world, and plenty of time to ask questions.
All of our trainers are seasoned product managers who've worked with multiple products and domains. Their experience enriches the curriculum by delivering diverse perspectives and examples on best practice in different scenarios. Our trainers’ main goal is not to provide you with all of the answers, but rather to help you ask the right questions.
How you'll learn
Using Zoom and other digital collaboration tools, you will participate in a series of modules that cover the theories and mindsets driving the core elements of the product role.
Modules include live online lectures interspersed with regular discussion, Q&As, and group activities to encourage hands-on learning. To keep you energised and engaged, expect warm-ups, icebreakers, and regular breaks.
See below for a detailed module breakdown.
- Your role as a product manager within your organisation
- The role of ‘process’ in your product practice
- The importance of influence
- How to build valuable relationships that benefit your product
- Identifying and mapping your stakeholders
- Extracting valuable insights from your stakeholders
- Uncovering your stakeholders' motivations and using them to drive alignment
- How to build an effective communication strategy
- Breaking down the components of a report
- Structuring a report that serves your audience
- The building blocks of story and crafting a narrative using data
- The importance of alignment when presented with new opportunities
- Building a methodical, robust framework for evaluating opportunities as a team
- Lean Canvas as an evaluative tool
- Competitor mapping as an additional lens to evaluate market opportunities
- Different prioritisation methods and frameworks
- Prioritisation as a collaborative process
- Placing evidence-driven decision-making at the heart of your priority conversations
- Techniques to drive conversations toward decisions and action
- Identifying facilitation best practices
- Crafting a successful workshop/collaboration session
Information for Ticket Holders
How will I get access to my workshop and pre-work?
One week before the workshop:
- You will receive an email from us with further information about your workshop and pre-work activities
Two days before the workshop:
- You will receive access information for Zoom and Mural (our workshop tools).
Please note, the above emails will be sent to the email address you registered with. If you do not receive any of the above, please email email@example.com ASAP.
What happens if I book with less than a week to go before the workshop?
No problem. You will receive the relevant information from us within 24 hours. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you do not receive this.
Who do I reach out to if I’m having technical difficulties?
On the day of your workshop, we will gather 10 minutes before to allow time for everyone to log in and troubleshoot any technical issues. If you are unable to connect to the platforms, please email email@example.com and we will be on hand to assist you.
Can I get a refund?
If you need to cancel your ticket, you must log in to Eventbrite and request a refund at least two weeks before the date of the event, following these instructions. No refunds will be issued for tickets that are cancelled less than two weeks before the event. Only the person who purchased the tickets can request a refund.
Can I transfer my ticket to a future workshop?
You can request a workshop transfer up to two weeks before the date of the event by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. We cannot facilitate any requests made after the two week cut off. Our small class size is an essential part of the workshop experience and we often sell out well in advance. By transferring you to a future workshop closer to the date of the event, it is unlikely we will be able to resell your space and ultimately we lose out on a ticket sale for future events by giving you that space.
Got another question? Check our FAQs page