Du 8 mars 2021 au 9 mars 2021
Communication & Alignment for Product Managers
March 8th, 9:00am - 12:30pm GMT and March 9th, 9:00am - 12:30pm GMT
Training Workshop Overview
We know that product managers are responsible for so much more than simply product delivery but are often given little authority. However, as product managers develop in their roles and continue to confidently deliver value to their customers, it is crucial that they begin to align their organisation around their process and vision in order to have an impact.
Communication and Alignment empowers product people to begin understanding how to align their organisation around product process and practice. In this overview workshop, we outline some of the grounded, tactical skills that product managers can use every day, and how they can add a layer of strategic thinking to help collaborate with their stakeholders.
Together we delve into communication strategies that will help foster trust and collaboration within your organisation, how to evaluate an opportunity, how to extract maximum value from your research activities, and much more.
How does "remote" work?
This two half-day workshop is dedicated to product management learning. As with our in-person workshops, you can focus all of your time and energy into two concentrated half-days of product learning with full access to our tried-and-tested curriculums, expert trainers, and a community of product peers.
Each day will run 9:00am - 12:30pm BST (5:00pm - 8:30pm SGT) and will include live online lectures interspersed with regular discussion, Q&As, and group activities to encourage hands-on learning. We’ll use Zoom and other digital collaboration tools.
To keep you energised and engaged, we’ll also run warm-ups and icebreakers, and take regular breaks.
- Join us online from 8:45am GMT (4:45pm SGT), to connect calmly and help mitigate accessibility issues
- Class will start at 9:00am GMT (5:00pm SGT) and end at 12:30pm GMT (8:30pm SGT) each day
To participate successfully you'll need a comfortable quiet space, with a good internet connection, where you can fully participate and focus.
Please note: This workshop is run as two half-day sessions and you must attend both parts
What You'll Learn
Communication & Alignment is a training workshop set across two half-day sessions. Each module includes a lecture component on theory and practice, interspersed with up to three hands-on activities. This ensures that you have an opportunity to apply and work with concepts in a setting that will answer questions and facilitate critical thinking.
- Stakeholder Management: A deep-dive into organisational relationships and understanding how to build a communication strategy
- Evaluating Opportunity: Understanding how to unpack product assumptions and line up macro data to establish product viability and the foundations for product/market fit
- Conducting Synthesis: Distilling insights from research and how to collaborate with stakeholders to deepen user understanding and influence
- Prioritisation: Covering a range of techniques and their uses for alignment at points of the product development lifecycle
- Reporting Out: Understanding why you report out, how to report out at different levels in an organisation and outside it, and understanding bias as it relates to reporting
You will come away from this workshop with the skills you need in order to build a strategic layer onto your core product practices. You will understand how to evaluate a potential product idea/change for value, and how to use process as an alignment tool within your company. You’ll return to your role with a firm grasp of where you should include your stakeholders as collaborators, understanding how to build effective relationships with said stakeholders, and with the ability to create a communication strategy with your organisation.
Information for Ticketholders
How will I get access to my workshop and pre-work?
One week before the workshop:
- You will receive an email from us with further information about your workshop and pre-work activities.
- You will also receive an email from our online platform prompting you to create an account and password. This is required in order to access your pre-work and other course materials.
Two days before the workshop
- You will receive access information for Zoom and Mural (our workshop tools).
Please note, the above emails will be sent to the email address you registered with. If you do not receive any of the above, please email firstname.lastname@example.org ASAP.
What happens if I book with less than a week to go before the workshop?
No problem. You will receive the relevant information from us within 24 hours. Please email email@example.com if you do not receive this.
Who do I reach out to if I’m having technical difficulties?
On the day of your workshop, we will gather 10 minutes before to allow time for everyone to log in and troubleshoot any technical issues. If you are unable to connect to the platforms, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be on hand to assist you.
Got another question? We've probably covered it on our FAQs page.