Du 16 juin 2021 au 17 juin 2021
Communication & Alignment for Product Managers
June 16th, 1:00pm - 4:30pm EDT and June 17th, 1:00pm - 4:30pm EDT
Training Workshop Overview
We know that product managers are responsible for so much more than simply product delivery but are often given little authority. However, as product managers develop in their roles and continue to confidently deliver value to their customers, it is crucial that they begin to align their organisation around their process and vision in order to have maximum strategic impact.
Communication and Alignment for Product Managers empowers product people to begin understanding how to align their organisation around product process and practice. In this overview workshop, we outline some of the grounded, tactical skills that product managers can use every day, and how they can add a layer of strategic thinking to help collaborate with their stakeholders.
Together we delve into communication strategies that will help foster trust and collaboration within your organisation, how to evaluate an opportunity, how to extract maximum value from your research activities, and much more.
How does "remote" work?
This two half-day workshop is dedicated to product management learning. As with our in-person workshops, you can focus all of your time and energy into two concentrated half-days of product learning with full access to our tried-and-tested curriculums, expert trainers, and a community of product peers.
Each day will run 1:00pm - 4:30pm EDT (10:00am - 1:30pm PDT) and will include live online lectures interspersed with regular discussion, Q&As, and group activities to encourage hands-on learning. We’ll use Zoom and other digital collaboration tools.
To keep you energised and engaged, we’ll also run warm-ups and icebreakers, and take regular breaks.
- Join us online from 12:50pm EDT (9:50am PDT), to connect calmly and help mitigate accessibility issues
- Class will start at 1:00pm EDT (10:00am PDT) and end at 4:30pm EDT (1:30pm PDT) each day
To participate successfully you'll need a comfortable quiet space, with a good internet connection, where you can fully participate and focus.
Please note: This workshop is run as two half-day sessions and you must attend both parts
What we'll cover
Communication & Alignment is a remote training workshop taking place over two half-days. Each module includes a lecture component on theory and practice, interspersed with hands-on activities where you’ll work through your own product challenges. This means that you will have the opportunity to apply and work with concepts in a setting that will answer questions and facilitate critical thinking.
- Your role as a product manager within your organisation
- The role of ‘process’ in your product practice
- The importance of influence
- How to build valuable relationships that benefit your product
- Identifying and mapping your stakeholders
- Extracting valuable insights from your stakeholders
- Uncovering your stakeholders' motivations and using them to drive alignment
- How to build an effective communication strategy
- Breaking down the components of a report
- Structuring a report that serves your audience
- The building blocks of story and crafting a narrative using data
- The importance of alignment when presented with new opportunities
- Building a methodical, robust framework for evaluating opportunities as a team
- Lean Canvas as an evaluative tool
- Competitor mapping as an additional lens to evaluate market opportunities
- Different prioritisation methods and frameworks
- Prioritisation as a collaborative process
- Placing evidence-driven decision-making at the heart of your priority conversations
- Techniques to drive conversations toward decisions and action
- Identifying facilitation best practices
- Crafting a successful workshop/collaboration session
You will come away from this workshop with the skills you need in order to build a strategic layer onto your core product practices. You will understand how to evaluate a potential product idea/change for value, and how to use process as an alignment tool within your company. You’ll return to your role with a firm grasp of where you should include your stakeholders as collaborators, understanding how to build effective relationships with said stakeholders, and with the ability to create a communication strategy with your organisation.
Information for Ticket Holders
How will I get access to my workshop and pre-work?
One week before the workshop:
- You will receive an email from us with further information about your workshop and pre-work activities
Two days before the workshop:
- You will receive access information for Zoom and Mural (our workshop tools).
Please note, the above emails will be sent to the email address you registered with. If you do not receive any of the above, please email email@example.com ASAP.
What happens if I book with less than a week to go before the workshop?
No problem. You will receive the relevant information from us within 24 hours. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you do not receive this.
Who do I reach out to if I’m having technical difficulties?
On the day of your workshop, we will gather 10 minutes before to allow time for everyone to log in and troubleshoot any technical issues. If you are unable to connect to the platforms, please email email@example.com and we will be on hand to assist you.
Got another question? We've probably covered it on our FAQs page.