Du 3 septembre 2020 au 4 septembre 2020
NEW Remote Workshop Format
September 3rd, 9:00am - 12:30pm BST and September 4th, 9:00am - 12:30pm BST
In order to continue offering product management training in a safe environment for our attendees and trainers, we have devised a new interactive, remote workshop format taking place as two half-day sessions on September 3rd and 4th .
Training Workshop Overview
We know that product managers are responsible for so much more than simply product delivery but are often given little authority. However, as product managers develop in their roles and continue to confidently deliver value to their customers, it is crucial that they begin to align their organisation around their process and vision in order to have an impact.
Communication and Alignment empowers product people to begin understanding how to align their organisation around product process and practice. In this overview workshop, we outline some of the grounded, tactical skills that product managers can use every day, and how they can add a layer of strategic thinking to help collaborate with their stakeholders.
Together we delve into communication strategies that will help foster trust and collaboration within your organisation, how to evaluate an opportunity, how to extract maximum value from your research activities, and much more.
The Value of a Remote Mind the Product Training
From running remote workshops, we've learned that:
- Our small class size (no more than 9 participants to a trainer) establishes an open exchange of experiences and ideas from both trainers and participants
- The pre-workshop tasks we set helps participants engage with the curriculum and get into the learning mindset in advance of the workshop
- The remote format allows trainers to facilitate time management seamlessly
- The empathetic learning environment our trainers are so skilled at creating translates well to a remote setting
How does "remote" work?
This two half-day workshop is dedicated to product management learning. As with our in-person workshops, you can focus all of your time and energy into two concentrated half-days of product learning with full access to our tried-and-tested curriculums, expert trainers, and a community of product peers.
Each day will run 9:00am - 12:30pm BST (4:00pm - 7:30pm SGT) and will include live online lectures interspersed with regular discussion, Q&As, and group activities to encourage hands-on learning. We’ll use Zoom and other digital collaboration tools.
To keep you energised and engaged, we’ll also run warm-ups and icebreakers, and take regular breaks.
- Join us online from 8:45am BST (3:45pm SGT), to connect calmly and help mitigate accessibility issues
- Class will start at 9:00am BST (4:00pm SGT) and end at 12:30pm BST (7:30pm SGT) each day
To participate successfully you'll need a comfortable quiet space, with a good internet connection, where you can fully participate and focus.
Please note: This workshop is run as two half-day sessions and you must attend both parts
"I didn't feel like being remote took away from my experience. If anything, I think I prefer it. Class size and my classmates were great and I liked the instructor and the way he ran the workshop."
What You'll Learn
Communication & Alignment is a training workshop set across two half-day sessions. Each module includes a lecture component on theory and practice, interspersed with up to three hands-on activities. This ensures that you have an opportunity to apply and work with concepts in a setting that will answer questions and facilitate critical thinking.
- Stakeholder Management: A deep-dive into organisational relationships and understanding how to build a communication strategy
- Evaluating Opportunity: Understanding how to unpack product assumptions and line up macro data to establish product viability and the foundations for product/market fit
- Conducting Synthesis: Distilling insights from research and how to collaborate with stakeholders to deepen user understanding and influence
- Prioritisation: Covering a range of techniques and their uses for alignment at points of the product development lifecycle
- Reporting Out: Understanding why you report out, how to report out at different levels in an organisation and outside it, and understanding bias as it relates to reporting
You will come away from this workshop with the skills you need in order to build a strategic layer onto your core product practices. You will understand how to evaluate a potential product idea/change for value, and how to use process as an alignment tool within your company. You’ll return to your role with a firm grasp of where you should include your stakeholders as collaborators, understanding how to build effective relationships with said stakeholders, and with the ability to create a communication strategy with your organisation.
Things to reflect on before the workshop
Before your training workshop, we ask that you take some time to consider the following questions. The more time you take to consider your current situation, and the issues and challenges you face, the more you’ll gain from your training:
- How much effort do you feel you have invested in stakeholder relationships?
- How often do you make an effort to make your process more collaborative
- How do new projects or changes to features happen at your company?
- How do you currently collect evidence to support decisions?
Mind the Product Trainers
Every Mind the Product trainer is a working product manager who has worked with multiple products and domains. Your trainer’s product management experience enriches the curriculum by delivering diverse perspectives on best practice in different scenarios. You will hear about the products they have worked on in the past, what went well, what didn’t go so well, and how they tried to make improvements. Our trainers’ main goal is not to provide participants with all of the answers, but help facilitate them in asking the right questions.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I change the name or other details on my tickets?
Yes, but only the person who purchased the ticket can make these changes on Eventbrite. You are free to change your ticket details up to two days before the event, including name, title, etc. Please make sure these details are correct as they will be what we show on your online profile! Just login to Eventbrite and make the changes, following these instructions. If you can’t reach the person who purchased the ticket in order to get them to change the information please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org and we will help you make the updates.
Can I get a refund?
If you need to cancel your ticket, you must log in to Eventbrite and request a refund at least two weeks before the date of the event, following these instructions. No refunds will be issued for tickets that are cancelled less than two weeks before the event. Only the person who purchased the tickets can request a refund.
Can I pay by invoice?
As we are a small team we only offer payment by invoice if you are buying 5 tickets or more due to the additional overhead. Early Bird conference tickets cannot be purchased by invoice. Please also note that no tickets are held/issued until payment of the invoice has been received. Request to pay by invoice by emailing email@example.com
- Tickets are not held until payment has been made – there are no exceptions to this.
- We cannot agree to any terms and conditions associated with Purchase Order numbers or other supplier agreements.
- We do not fill in supplier detail forms for ticket invoices – if you cannot find details you require on our website – please ask.