Do I have to declare my nanny?

A nanny is not considered to be a self-employed worker, it is compulsory to declare it and to pay taxes and social contributions.

For this you can:


  • register with the service HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC)
  • go through an organization that will take care of all the procedures concerning the declaration and payment of taxes for your nanny

Recommended organization: Nannytax.

Do not hesitate to also consult the government site which will tell you which are the help you can get for the care of your children (Childcare vouchers, etc.).